Thread: Click.GiftLoad, MBR, and Dell Diagnostics

Default Click.GiftLoad, MBR, and Dell Diagnostics

Spybot detects Click.GiftLoad but fails to permenently remove (like others)...
    McAfee Enterprise fails to detect, no surprise here...
    TDSSKiller failked to run, Stops at 80% init with WIN error (like others)...
    Laptop is away at college so I will post logs later, BUT I have a quick
    question.
    When problem first appeared, I suspected had disk was bad (especially since CHKDSK failed...)
    Rebooted machine, pressed F12, to get boot options and selected Dell Diagnostics. After running pre-boot diags in BIOS it went to open Dell Diags partition on hard drive and froze. I know its there, I ran them two years ago to test new laptop.
    Question: Is the inability to access Dell Diagnostics partition another indication that my MBR has been corrupted???
    What made me wonder was post by expert that after running FIXMBR, that the Dell Recovery Partition would no longer be accessible...I assume Dell Diags Partition falls under same category.
    Does Dell have an MBR tool to restore acces to these partitions????

Default Dell MBR Repair

Once I start, do the volunteers have a procedure specific to Dell to restore the Dell MBR?? I want to be prepared by downloading the tools needed or at least know what I'm getting into. I'm hearing that Dells have unique MBR that doesn't take kindly to the Windows Recovery, FIXMBR command...

Default Can Click.GiftLoad Travel via USB Drive

Daughter's laptop has Clik.GiftLoad. She copied her schoolwork to a USB Memory key. Does anyone know if this virus travels this way or through Internet Explorer, etc. Ran Microsoft Essentials scan on key and nothing found...but that may not mean much,,,,
    Last edited by tashi; 2011-04-29 at 01:06. Reason: Merged two topics

Hello wraujr,

In order for someone to advise please see this forum's sticky which includes guidelines and instructions in post #2 on how to provide preliminary "DDS" logs used for analysis.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic providing the logs and a volunteer analyst will assist you when available.

If DDS won't run and produce a log please start a new topic anyway and explain the situation.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016