Thread: Error during check!

Default Error during check!

After downloading the 07-28-2006 update and running SSD, I got the following messages at the top of the SSD log:

****************************************************************************************
    --- Report generated: 2006-07-31 03:22 ---

Error during check!: Crowt-A (Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 005FD5D2 in Modul 'SPYBOTSD.EXE'. Lesen von Adresse 03E53FFF) ()

Congratulations!: No immediate threats were found. ()
    ****************************************************************************************

I do not understand the 'Error during check' message. Please clarify.

OPSYS = WIN95B

Hello,

Which version of Spybot Search and Destroy do you run?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra
    Hello,

Which version of Spybot Search and Destroy do you run?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    that's relatively easy to determine since the SSD log mentioned WIN95B.
    it could be Spybot 1.3 since Spybot 1.4 does not work under Win95B.

tom1573, update the advcheck.dll file here:
    http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates...d_advcheck.exe
    this updated advcheck.dll file should fix your Error During Check problems.

spybotsandra -- I'm running SSD 1.3 because I am on WIN95B.

Have d/l'd the suggested .dll and will run SSD later. I'll let you know how it goes.

spybotsandra

I haven't had a chance to rerun SSD yet, however, I did d/l the suggested .dll and I see that it has the same version, byte length, and digital signature as what was on my system when I had the original problem. So, I don't really think that the d/l is going to solve anything.

Any other suggestions?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Similar errors at various points during the scan were reported in the past by people running Spybot 1.3 on Windows 95/98/ME systems. Before the introduction of Spybot 1.4 it was a was relatively error.

The scan terminates when the error occurs.

You can translate (German to English) using:
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse = Access injury with address (or more correctly Access violation at address)
    Modul = Module
    Lesen von Adresse = Reading from address

This (in German):
    Error during check!: --- various --- [Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 005FD5D2 in Modul 'SPYBOTSD.EXT'. Lesen von Adresse xxxxxFFF] ()
    Becomes (in English):
    Error during check!: --- various --- [Access violation at address 005FD5D2 in Module 'SPYBOTSD.EXT'. Reading from address xxxxxFFF] ()

The error seems to be transient in nature and other people seem to have been able to overcome the error by limiting the system resources used by other processes in the system. In other words, run as little as possible while running the Spybot scan.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default close other programs before running spybot

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan
    The error seems to be transient in nature and other people seem to have been able to overcome the error by limiting the system resources used by other processes in the system. In other words, run as little as possible while running the Spybot scan.
    in plain english, shut down any other programs that are active (use Ctrl+Alt+Del to close them if necessary) and then run the Spybot scan.

tom1573, how fast is your computer and how much memory does it have? you can check this by right-clicking on the My Computer icon on the desktop and choosing Properties.

Posted by noel-pr7: tom1573, how fast is your computer and how much memory does it have?
    My computer is an old clunker: 233 MHz, 48 MB ram. But just so we don't get off on a tangent, I have been running SSD on it without problem for several years. I normally run SSD by itself.

Posted by md usa spybot fan: The error seems to be transient in nature and other people seem to have been able to overcome the error by limiting the system resources used by other processes in the system. In other words, run as little as possible while running the Spybot scan.
    I'm inclined to agree with your answer that the error is transient. I reran SSD and it came up error free.

Case closed. Thanks to all..

Default add more memory

Win95 does not always handle system resources properly on PCs with insufficient amount of memory. you may want to put more RAM into your machine and up it to 64Mb of RAM or more (my old Pentium 1 computer with 100Mhz CPU with 80Mb of RAM w/ Win95 SR2 runs relatively fast; runs better and more stable with more memory). good thing is, memory chips (old & new) are affordable and the cheapest way to improve performance on old and new computers.