Thread: SB won't install...

Unhappy SB won't install...

Hello all!
    Well..I seem to have the "XP Home Security 2011" issue.
    My Windoxs XP PRO Firewall is turned off by it. ALL my programs do not seem to run properly (I have to use the "Run As..." to get anything..if I am lucky to run. Though if I just double click on my shortcuts it opens a window asking "Open With" "Choose the program you want to use to open this file:", then it looks like it will start up, in which case it then gives me an error saying that "the "program name" has encountered a problem and needs to close, sorry for any inconveince..., or it won't open at all!
    I have found info on the "XP Home Security 2011" and it is a malicious malware (think it said on the info).
    I would really like to get things back in order without having to format and re-install!
    Not sure how to proceed...
    Was instructed to shut down in my (CTRL-ALT-DELETE) Processes, .exe's and started to..but felt I didn't know enough to do that, without severe consequences. So, I stopped that and closed it!
    I am sure that I have messed up, but cross my fingers that it isn't to bad and repairable....
    Please help!...any other info needed to clear this up, I will do my best to supply in order for best assessment and fix of this problem.
    But, as I said, I cannot even install Spybot S&D to get anything started...
    TY for any and all help!

Hello akaishic,

Someone can assist after taking a look at the system.

Please see this FAQ "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) It includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide a preliminary DDS log, which is used for analysis.

Then start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer will advise when available.

If the infection prevents a log being produced please start a new topic there anyway and let them know, they will guide you.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!