Thread: computer infected with XP security alert 2011, Help!

Default computer infected with XP security alert 2011, Help!

My wife's computer is infected with that horrible XP Security Alert 2011. What a mess! I have tried a dozen steps and still it appears. I think it is reincarnating itself!
    I have scanned with AVast. and with Stopzilla, and with SuperAnti Spyware. they each find viruses, sometimes 8 then 12 then16 then 25 etc! each has quarantined the found viruses. {They are still quarentined, as i do not know how to tell the software to destroy the viruses..any suggestions please? }

Still Xp security alert 2011 rears up! I have been battling this for a week, I am tired, I am throwing in the towel,!! I need your help please.. please.

At one time I was able to down load: R Kill, and ran it.....not sure of the results as the software appeared, i think it ran, and then disappeared...????

I attempted to install Malwarebyets, the installation starts but is suddenly stopped for some unknown reason and the software aborts????

I have scan logs from each of the above mentioned programs...somewhere, can you help me find them?

I have tried a dozen times to install spybot, but suddenly Xp security alert pops up and changes the browsing page! I cannot get to a web page to download spybot. I can no longer go to any web page!!!!!

This all started when my wife ordered a nursing blouse for work on line. the blouse arrived and so did the security alert! I can ask her what site it was if that would help.
    Since that event, we can not see anything in my documents. all the folders and doc. are not there and the folder reads empty. there were at least 15 folders before this XP security alert showed up. there is no internet explorer icon and no other icons are displayed on the desk top. I can only access the internet by going threw the update pages of the anti virus software on my computer such as avast or superspyware. and then, security alert 2011 begins to redirect me!! and I am cut off from the internet!!! I am so mad! I want to get back at the creator of this security alert! why can't they be stopped?

I am currently using my computer to type this and post it. I had hoped to use the wife's computer and post here with the scan logs attached...however I don't see how i can at the moment.

I am using a Belkin wireless router. I am in my home. How did this and other viruses get past my router I wonder? any suggestions on that ?

Her computer is using internet explorer. I tried installing Thunderbird, but the installation was mysteriously stopped for some unknown reason????

The infected computer is a HP Pavilion, with 512 MB of Ram and using Windows XP home edition. Computer is at least 5-7 years old. it is using 32 bit technology.

I eagerly await your replies, and instructions. I realize your busy, and probably swapped with requests for help. I praise your team for all your efforts! Bless you all!

5-09-2011

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=62597
    Last edited by tashi; 2011-05-09 at 19:59. Reason: Added link to malware forum topic

Hello,

Please follow the procedure in this link: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)
    Start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a helper will advise you as soon as available.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot