Thread: <Immediate assistance needed: Beta blowup>

Default <Immediate assistance needed: Beta blowup>

Hi-

To anyone kind enough to help out: I'm running XP w/ SP 3. Ran SD Beta against it and let it go last night. This morning, could do the Sys. Restore through the product (tried for three hours). So, I just went directly into XP and made sure it was executed. Went back to the product and it wouldn't remove Malware. Not impressed... At any rate, after five hours of work I gave up and, needing my machine, went ahead and just x'd out of it and restarted my machine... When it booted back up, it was apparently something was very wrong: Immediately came up with a black screen wanting me to add some kind of registry value. That eventually shut down and another screen opened saying:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\command.com
    The parameter is incorrect. I went back to my restore point (thru Task Mgr) and it keeps bring me back to this same place. I no longer show anything on my desktop (except the background picture that was there before and my Google chat.) Those are the only apps that are showing up in Task Mgr as well.

I've always enjoyed SD but this has obviously been a disaster.

HELP.

Bruce

Obviously, it's beta. You can't expect that you won't get problems with it. About command.com, it happened before: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=31907