Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Many clients detected

Default Many clients

Sir:

I would first wish to thank-you for your time and effort in allowing access and use of your software. Very much appreciated.

My situation is similar to the others. However, in my situation I am informed that I have over 6000 client computers.

To whom can I send what to help resolve this pproblem, as I have this software on one, and only one computer.

Thank-you

Default Same thing

I reported this issue as well, a while back. However, unlike some of the posts here, my Spybot is detecting 160,000+ computers on my home network, which is ridiculous. I have two computers, and a router. Counting dual boots, I still only have five, and I only have Spybot on two OSes. I find this issue more hilarious than troublesome - though I still think it's crazy as hell that I am seeing a report saying I have so many computers on my network. I am curious if it's possible that Spybot is detecting Comodo's DNS servers that I use?

I've just googled this and arrived here. My live protection is paused and it is reporting that I have 413 clients. Too many apparently. Which is odd, because I live in a little 2 bedroom house and am the only occupant. It's true I do have more than one computer, but both are rarely on at the same time. So at maximum I have 2 running spybot, not 413.

A box did come up giving me an option to ignore the message and I selected that option, but my live protection is still paused.

I am very worried about this. Even to the point of seeking a solution other than spybot. I've looked at the dates on the posts here and it seems to be an awful long time without protection.

Has there been any progress on this matter?

Hello eskimofridge,

Are you using the Beta version of Spybot-S&D? It is currently without Live Protection and for testing only.

The 2.0 Beta is not a replacement for the stable version Spybot-S&D 1.6.2.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Best regards,
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016