Thread: Can Teatimer cause startup freeze

Default Can Teatimer cause startup freeze

I have occasionally been having freeze at startup with XP media center (yeah I know why....because that's what came with it and XP Pro has issues on my Acer). Today it got worse and would not boot up even after multiple hard shutdown and restarts. I don't remember ever having problems with this until Spybot was installed. In the past I have not used Teatimer do to system requirements, but decided to use it this time around. Anyway, I went into safe mode and turned off Teatimer and booted up fine.

It seems like Teatimer is screwing something up during startup; previously only sometimes but now all the time.

I'm recently researching same issue...
    No replies? No one else is having this problem?

My system froze twice causing complete lockup. Hard-booted the third time and wouldn't even get to the login. IT says it's Teatimer and it freezes before they are able to uninstall...Hoping Safe Mode will allow the fix tomorrow...

Funny thing is that this computer has had SpyBot S&D loaded for months with no problems and none of my personal computers, laptop, or friends' computers have had issues.
    Last edited by celtec; 2011-07-27 at 02:41. Reason: forgot something...

Booting up in safe mode should prevent teatimer from running at startup,yes.
    Then teatimer can be disabled by opening Spybot,clicking Mode,then Advanced Mode,Tools,Resident,and uncheck Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings).
    After you reboot,if you find the startup freezing problem is no longer happening in normal mode,then you could leave Teatimer disabled,and Spybot could still be installed on your computer,if you wish,and just used for scanning,immunization,etc.