Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot create Quarantine file

Unhappy Cannot create Quarantine file

Hello,

testing SS&D 2 beta
    After a scan, when asking for fix, I get the following message:

Config is SS&D 2.0.3.131 Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bits fully activated.

Quid?
    Thanks.

D.

Hello,

Thank you very much for providing feedback towards our Spybot 2.0.3 Beta.
    We were able to reproduce the problem and will try to fix it.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hello Sandra,

Fast reply!
    Thanks a lot...

(I had a look. The SS&D folder is allowed no access at all for the OWNER. I changed this and the bug (obviously) disappeared)
    Last edited by Toulouse31; 2011-05-30 at 15:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Toulouse31 View Post
    Hello Sandra,

Fast reply!
    Thanks a lot...

(I had a look. The SS&D folder is allowed no access at all for the OWNER. I changed this and the bug (obviously) disappeared)
    How did you do this?
    Thanks,
    Bob

you need to run XPP and disable "basic file sharing" or whatever name it is in English in the properties of any folder, then you get a new tab named security, you click on this tab and you get access to the ACL (access control list) which lists the owner and other actors allowed to access the folder. then you click Change and you check all boxes to give access to everything to the owner, which should obviously be the case.
    sorry i do not have my PC in front of me, all this is written from top of my head

should you run xp home, the security tab is not available
    you need to find on the internet how to enable it under xph (very easy)

if you run windows 7, please consider downgrading to xpp

my 2 euros

Quote Originally Posted by Toulouse31 View Post
    you need to run XPP and disable "basic file sharing" or whatever name it is in English in the properties of any folder, then you get a new tab named security, you click on this tab and you get access to the ACL (access control list) which lists the owner and other actors allowed to access the folder. then you click Change and you check all boxes to give access to everything to the owner, which should obviously be the case.
    sorry i do not have my PC in front of me, all this is written from top of my head

should you run xp home, the security tab is not available
    you need to find on the internet how to enable it under xph (very easy)

if you run windows 7, please consider downgrading to xpp

my 2 euros
    Excuse me, and I apologize for being off topic, but why would anyone want to downgrade from Windows 7 to XP?

Back on topic, I have full access to the SBS&D folder and all files contained therein. I did not need to change any permissions, however, I do run as Administrator.
    Last edited by Arctucas; 2011-07-08 at 22:32.

actually i did not remember i was testing w7 when i field tested ssd
    i was indeed logged as administrator and did experiment the problem i reported, which was reproduced by the Spybot Team, as mentioned.

as far as w7 is concerned, after a dozen of "explorer stopped working, looking for any reasons for this etc. etc." (free translation from French) i quickly rebooted on my xpp partition and removed w7. just too complicated to use and too unstable. and above all the network management is to me a stupidity. why did microsoft change all this ? because Dave Cutler retired ???

Well, you can set the same security setting in Win7 too. Just try, may it helps even if you have admin rights (which he might had on xp-p too?). This also appears on 2.0.4 beta2? Can't test it yet cause of another bug.

And i don't see a reason for changing too. I don't think it's complicated, it's much more comfortable, either on some parts you have to do 3 than 2 clicks, on others just 1 is needed so ... It's also much more stable than XP if you know what you're doing and/or don't use buggy software/drivers. At top it has a lot of quite good new features and will be longer supported than XP. And what do you mean with changed network management? You still have the adapter settings. The only things that are new is the network and sharingcenter where you can decide on locations, have most network settings in one place and netsh was introduced with Vista what IS good if you know about RWIN and its results on different speeds and pings.

Hello,

Was this a portable installation?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Actually, please don't touch the permissions of the program files folder.

It should only write into that folder (or to be more exact, the same folder as the program executables) if it is a portable installation.

We'll be looking into possible issues with the detection of a portable installation

(you can verify yourself by checking whether portable.ini oxists in the program files folder)
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)