Thread: Google redirects to find-quick-results.com etc

Default Google redirects to find-quick-results.com etc

Hello,

It seems that I have gotten some malware that spybot S and D can't shake nor Adaware. I found this thread in regards to this:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=62705&page=2

I can see that the fellow who had the same problem had his thread closed after he did not respond and I would like to start with saying that it would've been of benefit if threads such as these without an actual conclusion are left open. I understand that organizations have standard procedure however this is just silly. Secondly, a suggestion that the user should remove uTorrent is absolutely rediculous. Saying that uTorrent can lead to viruses is valid however it is about as valid as saying that Internet Explorer or any web browser can lead to viruses. Why stop there? Let's ban the internet shall we while we're at it. Why not ask him to uninstall Outlook Express too?

In conclusion, a security expert who tells someone to uninstall a legitimate bit torrent client is not someone I would trust with solving problems as they're too concerned and predisposed with ensuring they haven't violated any EULAs, AUPs or ToS rather than genuinely helping someone fix their computer.

Anyway, what should I do to fix these redirects?

Hello TheVoice,

Quote Originally Posted by TheVoice View Post
    I can see that the fellow who had the same problem had his thread closed after he did not respond and I would like to start with saying that it would've been of benefit if threads such as these without an actual conclusion are left open.
    The person who starts a topic in the malware forum is the only member who can respond to it, therefore it would serve no purpose to leave an inactive thread open. Such are archived and can still be viewed.
    In conclusion, a security expert who tells someone to uninstall a legitimate bit torrent client is not someone I would trust with solving problems as they're too concerned and predisposed with ensuring they haven't violated any EULAs, AUPs or ToS rather than genuinely helping someone fix their computer.
    Please do not question the genuineness of people who kindly and freely give of their time to help others who got infected. If you do not trust them why are you requesting their assistance?

File Sharing, otherwise known as Peer To Peer. (P2P)

Malware writers also find P2P networks fast and efficient to distribute their wares and may use methods to circumvent security programs. P2P downloads from untrusted sources cannot be guaranteed to contain the content as described by their name and are the cause of many computer infections.

Even if you are using a P2P program that is deemed safe, it is only the program that may be safe, not the files downloaded.

More than one helper has experienced a user re-infecting their machine via file sharing during a cleanup in progress.
    Because of this if a volunteer is assisting you with the removal of malware it is their choice if they ask for the removal of P2P-Torrent clients during the clean up.
    Anyway, what should I do to fix these redirects?
    So that everyone is on the same track please see the forum FAQ which also includes instructions for posting preliminary DDS logs.
    "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance)

Then start a new topic providing the logs as shown in that sticky and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

However before starting a new topic please be aware that analysts will not be debating the points you raised in this thread.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016