Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WinFixer2005

Exclamation WinFixer2005

When i tried to install DVDIdle and DVDFab installation blocked by Teatimer. It detects WinFixer2005 and terminates the setup program. Heyooooo. Spybot crew help us

PS: I had downloaded both of them from www.dvdidle.com

Finally somebody else has encountered the problem - at least I think it's the same. See FP in X-Fonter below and my post in the Spybot S&D forum.

Did the suspect process come from a file named is-xxxxx.tmp? I believe that's an Inno Setup file. If it's coming from some other setup program, that means the problem is more fundamental.

I have not found any way to get the install to run without turning off Teatimer. I can see where you might be reluctant to do that for a downloaded program, but mine was a program I wrote myself.

Fran

Default Same thing here...

Yes, I also got the same error trying to install V2.9.6.0 of DVDFAB Platinum.

To test this, I completely uninstalled both programs, DVDFAB and spybot reinstalled spybot without the latest update and re-ran the installation.

Resut= No problems.

Uninstalled DVDfab

Updated spybot to the latest definitions and re-installed DVDFab.

I also tested this by trying to install an earlier V2.9.5.9 of DVDfab and got the
    same errors using the 18-NOV-05 updated definitions.

Result= Failed install with "winfixer2005" error.

I then installed the program telling Teatimer to allow it to run anyways. I then did a search for uninstalling 'winfixer2005' to find out where it puts it's files, registry entries, etc, etc and searched for them on my test system.

There were no instances of 'winfixer2005' on the system.

This looks like some kind of 'false positive' error by Spybot Search & Destroy.

Thanks for reporting this false positive. It will be fixed in the next detection update.
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster
    Thanks for reporting this false positive. It will be fixed in the next detection update.
    No, we thank you spybot crew. For a free and wonderful program

Default XnView - same problem?

When installing the graphic viewer XnView, Spybot S&D reports that WinFixer2005 is installed. FAIK, XnView is packaged with InnoSetup, I assume that this is a false positive of S&D and the same problem as reported above, right?

You´re right!:D
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster
    You´re right!:D
    Thanks, good to know...

Default DVDx 2.3 - Same Problem

DVDx 2.3 installation was also built with Inno Setup, and it produces a S&D false positive too. The detection rules update downloaded today still exhibited the same issue. FYI, thanks!

I downloaded 11/25/05 updates and the problem disappeared. Did you reboot, or exit and restart Resident? Teatimer keeps the old rules until you restart it.

Fran