Thread: SBSD Beta Crashing during scan

Default SBSD Beta Crashing during scan

Howdy guys,

I had downloaded the Beta of SBSD yesterday. Today I started to mess with everything and when attempting to perform a spyware/malware scan, either half way through or at the end of the scan, SB crashes telling me that the Malware Scan has stopped working and needs to be closed or Debugged (I have Visual Studio installed so I believe that's why I get the debug option).

Any ideas?

Well, it's still beta, but what would help are your system details, if any other spywaretool is running and eventlog (Application and Serviceprotocol\SB - S&D).

Quote Originally Posted by FatTwinkie View Post
    I had downloaded the Beta of SBSD yesterday. Today I started to mess with everything and when attempting to perform a spyware/malware scan, either half way through or at the end of the scan, SB crashes ...
    No ideas, but there is a bug reporting form here - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/contact/bugs.html

diNovoM: The only thing that could be causing the crash that I can think of running at the same time is my anti-virus system which is Avast!. I should have thought about before posting something. I'll disable Avast right now and run the scan again. I will post back soon.

drghughes: I will make sure to report the error soon as I get done doing another scan with my anti-virus system turned off. I want to be able to report the right thing