Thread: Can't run spybot in windows 7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Can't run spybot in windows 7

In windows 7, I have gone to the start menu, right clicked Spybot and nothing happens. After that I click spybot and it expands with the spybot group. I right click spybot S&D and still nothing comes up allowing me to run as system administrator even though I am running as a system administrator. This came about after I ran S&D which showed a lot of spyware but wouldn't let me delete them as it said that I had to run as system administrator.

How can I run spybot successfully or will I have to try another spyware/malware program?

Don

Is UAC set at the default setting on your computer?

If you have a Spybot icon on your desktop,try rightclicking that and click Run As Administrator,if it is available in the rightclick menu.

Thanks Zenobia,
    The advice you gave below worked

"If you have a Spybot icon on your desktop,try rightclicking that and click Run As Administrator,if it is available in the rightclick menu."

I got no result at all from the start menu whereas right clicking the icon worked. All other references on the net just mentioned the start menu approach. I don't know why spybot doesn't have an option on the main menu as it caused me to waste a lot of time as I'm sure it would a lot of other users.

Don

You're welcome.