Step # 1 Update Adobe Acrobat Reader

There is a newer version of Adobe Acrobat Reader available. (See Note below)

• First, go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Adobe Reader X (10.0.1).
  • Please go to this link Adobe Acrobat Reader Download Link
  • On the right Untick McAfee® Security Scan Plus if you do not wish to include this in the installation.
  • Click the Continue button
  • Click Run, and click Run again
  • Next click the Install Now button and follow the on screen prompts

Note: Adobe Reader X (10.1.0) is a large program and if you prefer a smaller program you can get Foxit 5.0.0 instead from http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/index.php

If you decide to install Foxit 5.0.0 instead of Adobe, do the following during Foxit's Setup/Installation process:

Uncheck the following boxes:

I accept the License Terms and want to install Foxit Toolbar

Make Ask.com my default search

Create desktop, quick launch and start menu icon to eBay

ESET Online Scanner:

Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.

Vista/Windows 7 users: You will need to to right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.

• Please go here to run the scan.
    Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
    All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
  • Select the option YES, I accept the Terms of Use then click on:
  • When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
  • Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:

• Scan for potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Now click on:
  • The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
  • When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
  • Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
  • When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
  • Now click on:
  • Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.

Note: Do not forget to re-enable your Anti-Virus application after running the above scan!

In your next post/reply, I need to see the following:

1. ESET Log
2. How is your computer doing, any problems?