Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta 3 release thread

Sandra, would a "Remember my decision" when the live protection is detecting malware be implemented, as well as a chance to submit a malicious file/folder?

Hello,

The Live Protection will have some kind of remembering, that is planned.
    You can always submit files or folders to detections(at)spybot.info.
    But there is no special feature planned in S&D itself.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Last edited by daemon; 2011-08-07 at 14:49.

How come there is no planned feature to submit files from Spybot itself? It will help your detection rate, especially for "lazy" users who don't want to upload the file/folder on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by jagdish530 View Post
    Does anyone tell me if auto update problem fixed in SD beta 3.0
    The auto updater still isn't working for me. I've sent a bug report. This is with Windows XP SP3 Home.

The SDUpdSvc is running and has even used a second of CPU time so I don't understand what is going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto View Post
    As in beta 1 the Start Center closes whenever i open something from it. I didn't have this problem in beta 2.
    Please verify the status of your "Close this window after opening link" check box within Start Center.
    Well, it wasn't checked, but checking and uncheck it helped.

Some definitions seem to be broken and old in beta 3, maybe because I have installed beta 3 over beta 2 as i did from beta 1 (where the updates have been correct).
    Broken means they were outdated after an integrity check?
    Yeah, they were at least outdated, i didn't check any further and tried to update.

You still can't scan a specified folder, just files or system.
    You may scan the content of a folder by dragging a folder from any Explorer window into the File Scanner.
    Nope, doesn't work, but i tried dropping files to which didn't work too.

Default SD Beta 1, 2, and 3

Sorry guys but all you S&D savvies and developers are probably gonna be throwing your eyes to heaven and thinking "RTFM" with my message, but I have to say, after having used S&D version 1 (e.g. 1.6.2) I find 2.0 very user unfriendly. The previous scanning and updating was a cinch while the new version with the 3 betas is seriously confusing.

First of all I constantly get the "there is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1" message when I do anything from boot the computer to open Outlook to...to...to...and it just won't go away.

Then I've not a clue how to update, or whether it's updating or not. The update process (having found after hour-long search) then doesn't give me any status update or feedback that I understand (in a similar manner to most other features...sniff! sniff!...that were so clear in last version).

For somebody as stupid as myself, this is nothing but frustrating and I go looking for other better programs i.e. it forces me to uninstall it rather than have a satisfying anti-malware program happily purring in the background and a anxious-free mind. So is spybot becoming something just for developers and savvies? Or do I have to wait for the next versions to be more daft-user-friendly?

Yea, they have to work on their interface. I'd suggest to have three main images(when you click on the image, you will enter a new "stage"), and some small "window entrances" . The three main images are:

- Scan
    - Update
    - Immunize

The small "window entrances" are:

- Quarantine
    - More tools
    - Settings
    - Donate

When you click on the scan, you can either choose to scan a full system scan, or a quick scan.

When you click on update, you will automatically update.

If you hit "More tools" all the tools like, "Shred Files", "Manage Autostart", "Create System Log", etc. will be available.

And on settings, a new window will pop up, where everything is available. Such as if you enter "Live protection", you can choose to ignore different files that the live scanner should scan in real time.
    Last edited by imageek; 2011-08-06 at 15:47.

The Scanner Service starts with Windows even though I set it, along with all other SpyBot services, to Manual.

Thumbs up Beta Program ROCKS !!

Earlier today I installed the latest Beta Version of Spybot.........

Honestly, my computer now runs like NEW !! The speed is awesome, and even the fonts are now much clearer than before.

I am very pleased, and will highly recommend SPYBOT to everyone I know.

THANK YOU !!!

The live protection when i execute a file shows a progess bar. There is no need for a progress bar. Also it makes to execute the file much slower, 5-10 sec.