Thread: Logon Process Initialzation Failure 2.0.5 b 64bit Win 7 Ultimate

Angry Logon Process Initialzation Failure 2.0.5 b 64bit Win 7 Ultimate

Has anybody installed S&D 2.0.5 b on 64bit Win 7 successfully?

27 Aug 11:30 AM EDT I installed latest beta .5 b on 2 Asus laptops running Win7 Ultimate 64bit. Or shall I say I upgraded from 2.0.3b (2.03.131) which I had manually updated every week, and was apparently working fine.

Install proceeded as normally expected, new version 2.05.131 was showing, and required a reboot.

On restarting computers I get what appears to be a normal start of Windows ("Starting Windows" and little colored windows box displayed) but then it goes to a black screen with small dialogue box
    Logon Process Initialzation Failure
    Interactive Logon Process Initialzation has failed. Please consult the event log for more details.

Advanced Boot (F8) options; Safe Mode, Enable Boot Logging, Last Known Good Configuration, Debugging Mode and Disable Driver Signature Enforcement all get the same dialogue box.

Using 64bit Win7 install DVD; Startup Repair did not work, System Restore failed.

Use of System RescueCD showed partitions appear to be OK, but attempt to install GAG to hard drive failed (which I have never had happen before).

*What options do I have other than a new clean install and then avoiding S&D 2.0.5 b?*

try running windows in safe mode by pressing f8 if that solves your problem and you may uninstall sd in safe mode and see if its bootup

Question Are you running any version of 64 bit Win 7

If you would please read my statements completely, you would see that I already tried that and all the other options to no avail! Advanced boot (F8) options
    Quote Originally Posted by jagdish530 View Post
    try running windows in safe mode by pressing f8 if that solves your problem and you may uninstall sd in safe mode and see if its bootup
    Are you running 64 bit Win 7?

@GreeneNY,

I have installed all the BETAs on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64 system, and have not encountered the problem you are experiencing.

Perhaps a fresh OS install is the only option to resolve the issue?