Thread: Cygwin and Daemon Tools.

Thumbs up Cygwin and Daemon Tools.

Could you please Test Spybot by installing Cygwin and Daemon Tools.

I installed cygwin full in my system. Once I installed spybot I found some problems to run applications. x server window is closing when spybot is running. Even I could not be able to create openssh. Error message something like this you dont have administrative rights to create account.

Later I uninstalled spybot again installed cygwin etc., after that everything working fine. Later I did not installed spybot

Deamon tools gadget problem.

Chrome browser window should be closed automatically once installed the addon is installed.

Any one needs more information feel free to ask me.

Thank you.
    Ramesh.
    Last edited by tashi; 2011-09-04 at 20:00. Reason: Moved from "Tests" -testing your signature and scribbles. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by rameshp2ppu View Post
    Could you please Test Spybot by installing Cygwin and Daemon Tools.

I installed cygwin full in my system. Once I installed spybot I found some problems to run applications. x server window is closing when spybot is running. Even I could not be able to create openssh. Error message something like this you dont have administrative rights to create account.

Later I uninstalled spybot again installed cygwin etc., after that everything working fine. Later I did not installed spybot

Deamon tools gadget problem.

Chrome browser window should be closed automatically once the addon is installed.

Any one needs more information feel free to ask me.

Thank you.
    Ramesh.
    Spybot latest beta.

I also have problem with cygwin when "live protection" is running in Spybot2 Beta 3. Some programs in cygwin won't run. If I stop "live protection background service" it works again. Cygwin was installed before spybot2 was installed.

Installed beta 4, still problems with cygwin when I have live protection on.

I thinking maybe some of the problems is how I start cygwin shell. I do it by running a .bat from launchy. But I do not think that is the problem. Because the first problem is when it tries to start xwindows. But I have seen other problems with running things in cygwin when spybot live protection is on.