Thread: Need to have Administrator priveledges

Default Need to have Administrator priveledges

Hi,

I ran a scan using SpyBot and several problems came back. I wanted to delete these problems and was told I needed Administrator's Priveledges. I am Administrator so I don't know what is going on? Hopefully you can help me? thank you.

Right-click on the Spybot icon and select "Run as administrator". If you don't have the Spybot icon on the desktop, you can click on "Start"-All Programs-Spybot Search and Destroy-right click on the startup file-Choose "Run as administrator".

Unhappy I AM Administrator: No Pswd set SS&D 2.0.5.131

I'm running XP Pro x32 (personal reasons) SS&D doesn't appear to believe that I am the Administrator w/out a pswd.
    I'm trying to get access to the "whitelist" module (as stated in the Help file, supposedly exists, but which doesn't have an icon or "Menu item". Nice interface, but difficult to navigate) in order to allow my FF plugin containers to run unmolested & not have to wait for 10 minutes for the blinkin' "Live Protection" module to check every single time I start FF! It shouldn't, since the dad-blame thing was "resident" when I would have changed any FF settings, installed a new extension (only security & privacy addons), and shutdown FF! Its getting annoying!
    And now this high handed hijacking of my admin privileges!
    Help & thanks!