Thread: Spectacular uninstall: Kills Operating System

Default Spectacular uninstall: Kills Operating System

Uninstalling this beta destroys Windows Vista 64 bit. After a system restore I had to reinstall this beta program to get full system use and internet back.

The cascading display of all the cmd.exe windows starting services and doing things on startup was exhilarating! And the apc index or something like that blue screen was the first time I have seen a blue screen in 10 years. Wow! Just wow!

I guess it was time to plan for an OS wipe and reinstall anyway lol. Hooray for beta software! :P

Suggestion for all beta testers: Back up anything important immediately or at least do so before you try an uninstall. Something beta testers should do anyway but sometimes a reminder is a good idea.
    Last edited by stilson; 2011-06-12 at 14:53.

Quote Originally Posted by stilson View Post
    uninstalling this beta destroys windows vista 64 bit. After a system restore i had to reinstall this beta program to get full system use and internet back.

The cascading display of all the cmd.exe windows starting services and doing things on startup was exhilarating! And the apc index or something like that blue screen was the first time i have seen a blue screen in 10 years. Wow! Just wow!

I guess it was time to plan for an os wipe and reinstall anyway lol. Hooray for beta software! :p

suggestion for all beta testers: Back up anything important immediately or at least do so before you try an uninstall. Something beta testers should do anyway but sometimes a reminder is a good idea.
    NEVER TEST BETA's ON YOUR MAIN PC!
    YOU MAY END UP WITH A BRICK
    ALLWAYS USE A TEST PC
    Last edited by MichaelT; 2011-09-07 at 05:23.

You use it on your own risk. Spybot wrote it in the agreement you had to read before you could use the program.

Stilson did not complain. He just reported a very serious bug.
    That's why one releases beta programs: to get feed-back.
    I'm sure he/she will never report a bug again, if this is the usual reaction

I've got a bug of my own with uninstalling: it leaves an unknown device and device driver in the system, that you have to delete manually from the hardware form (Vista 32bit).
    Have a nice day

Dick