Thread: Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta 4 release thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by imageek View Post
    Send the false-positives to the Spybot team, or make a log.
    So, you do not have this issue?

If it is specific only to my rig, I do not believe that will be worth the many, many hours it would take to complete, and I will simply forego the use of SBS&D.

If others will verify they are experiencing the same thing, and submit their own logs/false positives, then perhaps I might make the effort...

I have been busy with a lot of things lately, therefore I haven't had the opportunity or time to test out the new beta version. In addition, I don't try beta software on my current PC, or basically I do, but I use a virtual machine.

I have been busy with a lot of things lately, therefore I haven't had the opportunity or time to test out the new beta version. In addition, I don't try beta software on my current PC, or basically I do, but I use a virtual machine.
    I have no reluctance trying BETA software, but when I find it is not operating properly it is quickly uninstalled (as is the case here).

And I have no problem with your decision. In fact, I have never said the opposite.

And I have no problem with your decision. In fact, I have never said the opposite.
    Thank you, and I believe I never implied that you did.

However, I am hoping other users will provide input regarding their experiences with the Rootkit Scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctucas View Post
    However, I am hoping other users will provide input regarding their experiences with the Rootkit Scanner.
    When will the standalone RootAlyzer be updated? The latest version 0.3.4.47 has been released in 2009 ...

Default Spybot 2 bloatware

This program has become a huge, over-stuffed piece of real Bloatware. It is highly confusing, and doesn't even clearly spell out what it is doing or can do. It can slow down machines to a crawl or crash them. I was shocked at this huge piece of bloated software from a previously good Company. Of course I got rid of it as quick as possible before damage could be done to my system....

Hello:

According to me the updates are not being received by my system....

win 7
    SD beta 4

I get the following when updating.

[+] Updater Service is active.
    [+] Verified download folder.
    [+] Retrieved update info file.
    [-] Unable to store downloaded update information to "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\Updates\Downloads\updates.uid"!
    [.] Info file part done.

What's wrong?

TIA.

S&D 2 Beta 4 causes explorer crashes when right-clicking any file / drive / directory.

Message of crash is Explorer.exe "Shell32.dll"

Was thrilled about the 2.0 beta 4 version and installed it for testing.

It slowed down my system so much !!! ... that I uninstalled it as fast as it allowed me...

and my rig is running nice and fast again.