Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta 4 release thread

And I have no problem with your decision. In fact, I have never said the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by imageek View Post
    And I have no problem with your decision. In fact, I have never said the opposite.
    Thank you, and I believe I never implied that you did.

However, I am hoping other users will provide input regarding their experiences with the Rootkit Scanner.

Hello:

According to me the updates are not being received by my system....

win 7
    SD beta 4

I get the following when updating.

[+] Updater Service is active.
    [+] Verified download folder.
    [+] Retrieved update info file.
    [-] Unable to store downloaded update information to "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\Updates\Downloads\updates.uid"!
    [.] Info file part done.

What's wrong?

TIA.

S&D 2 Beta 4 causes explorer crashes when right-clicking any file / drive / directory.

Message of crash is Explorer.exe "Shell32.dll"

Was thrilled about the 2.0 beta 4 version and installed it for testing.

It slowed down my system so much !!! ... that I uninstalled it as fast as it allowed me...

and my rig is running nice and fast again.

Default I had boot.ini problems

this beta version overwrote all my boot.ini files on all my bootable drives it almost destoyed my boot setup read my thread for more details http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=64557

Question Is this a bug or am I just being dumb?

Hi all,

I just loaded up Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta 4 and ran it. Everything looked good except when I got to the Fix screen there was no way to click on any of the problems. (The check boxes don't work.) Even when I try to run the fix without marking any and it asks me if I want to run on "all" - it still doesn't happen.

I've attached a screen shot, in case that is useful.
    Am I just being dumb or could this be a bug?

Cheryl

P.S. I also couldn't find a 'start new thread' link, so I hope using reply is okay. Maybe it's just been a long day.

I've been having problems with the latest beta 4 in that whenever I try to update the definition files, it states that it cannot save to folder or save to save folder the updates or something like that. It scrolls pretty fast. I also know it doesn't save because when I scroll down, the newest updates have a red (x) next to them. So, this is my 3rd attempt to uninstall and reinstall hoping that the problem will be fixed. Is it because it's beta that it won't update the definition files?

Ahhh, I'm editing this post because I just noticed that Chileno above had the same problem. What they said is what's happening to me so I know it's not just my system.
    Last edited by Sunfyre7896; 2011-12-08 at 20:05.

Question

I'm having the exact same problem as Chileno and Sunfyre - "Unable to store downloaded update information," etc. It occurs on both Vista and W7 machines.

Can somebody please reply to these questions? S&D is mostly useless if there is no way to update definitions.

A second problem is also something someone else mentioned - when you do a Rootkit scan and there's a list of files at the end of it, there is no "Fix" button, no delete button, no indication of what to do with the files that were found. I've read that these may be false positives, so for now I'm just refraining from doing Rootkit scans altogether.

Question

Something else I just noticed:

When I try to open Secure Shredder in Safe Mode, it won't open. There's a Secure Shredder tab on the Taskbar at the bottom, but clicking it won't open the Shredder window - nothing will. This wasn't the case just a couple of days ago, which makes me wonder if I've picked up something... I'm off to try a System Restore and see if that helps.