Yes, I see the download page says supported operating systems are WinXP and up. Could another note be placed on that page stating which older version(s) is(are) suitable for which older OS(s)?

The odd thing is that both 2.0.5.57 and 2.0.3.50 can be installed on W98SE with no error messages, it isn't until I try to actually run it that I get any indication of an error:

"The FileAlyzer2.exe file expects a newer version of Windows. Upgrade your Windows version"

After uninstalling those versions and trying 2.0.0.10 it mostly seems to work, (is this expected to be the latest one for older OSs?)... except that it puts itself at the top of the right-click menu for ALL file types, ahead of the previous default "Open" much like the context menu scan option did in some older Spybot versions - and unlike Spybot I can't find any way within this program to turn off this option. And it needs to be turned off because I was using Spybot's startup list tool to uncheck some unwanted startup items and FileAlyzer now took over opening the *.lnk.disabled items, despite the file association for that remaining untouched ("Open" was still the bolded default and only item associated for file type .disabled). Oh well, my workaround for that was to manually delete the registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\filealyzer2 and add a shortcut in my "SendTo" menu.

It's not so easy to work around the other problem, which is that for some files it calculates a bad SHA-1 checksum... not every file, but quite a few, and it doesn't seem always related to size - I have seen it on some pretty small files (under 100MB). Any good workarounds here? I tried HashTab but it doesn't seem to actually put any tab in the properties sheet... and HashCalc leaves me doing comparisons visually (error prone) since it lacks the clipboard feature.