Been a while since I posted here, so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

Here's the scoop: I believe I'm infected, but I honestly have no idea. My laptop, a stock Asus G73Jw, has suddenly stopped connecting to the wireless (and wired) here at home. Here's what I know:

a) The wireless still functions (I'm using an old laptop on it right now to type this)
b) Both the router and the wireless router and the laptop in question have been power cycled multiple times
c) The laptop in question can *detect* the wireless networks, but cannot *connect* to them, and the device manager says the wireless and wired hardware is functioning properly
d) Avast version 111118-1 (I tried to update using a flash drive and this laptop) has been run twice now, and nothing has turned up. Spybot SD (version 1.6.2.46) has also been run twice and nothing has turned up.
e) there are no other discernible symptoms, which only adds to my confusion.

At this point I've run out of tricks, I've never seen anything like this before, and have no idea what to do. As I said above, there's no sluggishness, no random popups, the computer is totally normal, aside from the fact that it won't connect to the internet at all.

I'll check this thread occasionally, as I have this laptop sitting right next to the one in question. Until then, Skyrim!