Thread: Very bad performance

Default Very bad performance

Hi,

I had a virus on my PC. I received it by mail. Not being able to remove it i choose the ultimate weapon: Full OS reinstall.
    I zerod all drives and did a new fresh Windows 7 64 bit install on my SSD OCZ Vertex3 120GB without being connected to the internet.
    After a new fresh install of windows i installed the Intel Chipset driver and the Nvidia driver. Both out dated but at least from a factory CD.
    I made a admin profile and a user profile and set UAC to the highest priority setting.
    Restarted my PC: from power on to desktop took about 30 sec in both profiles.
    I installed the latest S&D Beta. I made my system immun (hate english) and made a Wit list. Restarted my PC....wrong!

Closure took me about 5 minutes. Booting takes about 5 minutes. Why?
    Its a clean system, i follow the procedures and it makes my system like im running an old 386SX.
    Hardware: I7-860 // 8 GB Ram
    Last edited by tashi; 2011-12-16 at 21:43. Reason: Moved to the Beta forum

If you want to avoid having to do a fresh install of Windows more than once get an image backup program. Make an image of the fresh, clean, fast install and save it (burn to DVD's). Then if you ever need to start over you can restore it in no time at all.

Dan