Thread: Trouble running the beta

Default Trouble running the beta

My initial problem is that I am unable to upgrade things like Adobe Flash Player etc. The pc says that the security settings on the computer don't allow it to be downloaded. I'm running in the admin so I don't understand that. So, I posted that on www.computing.net and I got a reply stating to run for malware or virus and suggestion was to use spybot. I downloaded the beta version and when I click on the .exe bile I get the message:
    is not a valid Win32 apllication

What do I use to open the beta version? I'm not that computer literate, sorry, I'm still learning. All help is appreciated and a donation will be made if I can get this thing going.

Default Wow

69 views and no one can help? :( I'm lost here guys and gals.

Hello bryangreggorywilson

Quote Originally Posted by bryangreggorywilson View Post
    My initial problem is that I am unable to upgrade things like Adobe Flash Player etc. The pc says that the security settings on the computer don't allow it to be downloaded. I'm running in the admin so I don't understand that. So, I posted that on www.computing.net and I got a reply stating to run for malware or virus and suggestion was to use spybot. I downloaded the beta version and when I click on the .exe bile I get the message:
    is not a valid Win32 apllication
    Please let us know how the computer is running, do you suspect an infection?

Also, what is the operating system and please list all security software installed, for instance do you have an anti virus program.

Quote Originally Posted by bryangreggorywilson View Post
    I'm not that computer literate, sorry, I'm still learning.
    No problem. If one is not familiar with beta testing might be best to use the current final version of any software, in this case Spybot-S&D 1.6.2

By the way, view counts on a topic means little, members looking for similar problems will count as a view. Even people using search engines.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016