Thread: Sl-o-o-o-o-w bootup with TeaTimer

Question Sl-o-o-o-o-w bootup with TeaTimer

I'm noticing that TeaTimer prolongs my bootup process by at least 3 minutes, with CPU usage as high as 99%; is this normal?? I'm also using ZoneAlarm & SpywareBlaster, and have removed excess popups by resarting TeaTimer.

It may not be Teatimer causing the problem. What version of zonealarm are you using?

Zonealarm uses a lot of resources, especially the older builds. Perhaps if you upgrade to the latest build (where the high CPU usage has been looked at), you may notice a slight increase in your boot up time.
    ***Thankyou Spybot S&D. Its the people like you that make the Internet a more safer and friendlier place to be!!!***

Jim,
    I'm using the latest ZA already; I'm basing my comments about bootup time based on the CPU usage as noted in Task Manager. When TeaTimer stops, CPU usage drops dramatically.

Bill Zigrang

I am no real expert into the ins and outs of Spybot. I can suggest checking for possible conflicts with Teatimer from other apps. It is strange as Teaimer does not have this effect on my machine - what is your system spec. what OS etc?

From my experience the only thing a can suggest is switching Teatimer off, try a bootup and check the time - if the problem has been fixed, you may have to do without Teatimer (as long as you have a decent AV software you should be fine). If the problem still exists try looking elsewhere on your system for your problem.

Regards,
    Jim
    ***Thankyou Spybot S&D. Its the people like you that make the Internet a more safer and friendlier place to be!!!***

As you mentioned that ZA could be the problem, can you recommend another free similar Firewall.

Personally, although ZA is a memory hog and there are bugs in the GUI that never seem to be address, I do believe that ZA is the best free firewall out there at the moment. Perhaps in the future this firewall may be better who knows.

If you a deperate to change it the Comodo personal firewall may be worth a try

Default System Spec

I'm Running WinXP Home SP2 on an AMD AthlonXP 2800+ with 1GB RAM. Using latest build of ZoneAlarm, SpywareBlaster, Norton GoBack & Smart Sweep (among others).
    Last edited by tashi; 2006-08-08 at 19:37. Reason: Reduced font size

Have you cleaned up your computer (or defragmented)?
    Have you scanned your computer with S&D?

Haven't defragged recently, but this problem antedated my last defrag. ?Scanned with S&D? - of course (along with Windows Defender & Ad-Aware SE).

How much processes are you running?
    I`ve bigger problem with error spool32.exe and now user.exe.
    (this is not my thread so do not post solution for my problem.It can be worse! )