Thread: Tea Timer Locks Files

Default Tea Timer Locks Files

I have seen this problem reported on other forums, but oddly enough, I cannot find a thread here.

I recently had to remove a program manually because somehow the entry was delted or never appeared in "Add / Remove Programs" (using Windows XP Pro). I was following the steps to try to remove it and was told to click on "unwise.exe" in the program folder, wich did not work either, so I had to manually delete the directory - but I could not do that because unwise.exe was being "used by another program". I had this problem on other occasions where I had maybe tried a piece of freeware, decided not to use it and wanted to delete it and could not, so I decided to try to track down the problem.

I downloaded a little utility called "unlocker" and discovered that Tea Timer seems to 'lock' every file I execute and keep it locked even after I terminate the program!

What is up with this? What is the point in this behavior?

Next I wondered if I had an up-to-date version of Tea Timer but I can't find any way to get the current version information.

Is this a bug?

Also, does anyone know why Tea Timer takes up so much CPU on startup?

Wink

Hi mugz8391,

Firstly what version of Spybot S&D are you running?

From Spybot Main Window > Help > About

The latest version is 1.5.2.20
    Last edited by honda12; 2008-05-28 at 11:34.

My Spybot version is 1.4 - so I will upgrade, but how do I tell what version my tea timer is? Was this a known problem with tea timer that was corrected or something?

Again, this is an ongoing problem, at least for some people, and I was just surprised these issues did not seem to be being discussed here.

Is there a way of telling what version of tea timer I have?

OK... I downloaded and installed the new version of SpyBot and the problem is fixed.

I tested the old version by copying and pasting an executable to my desktop and deleting it. Next I ran the executable, closed the application, then tried to delete it and sure enough, it was locked.

I repeated the process after upgrading and it seems to be fine now.

:P

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

mugz8391:

Quote Originally Posted by mugz8391 View Post
    My Spybot version is 1.4 - so I will upgrade, but how do I tell what version my tea timer is? … Is there a way of telling what version of tea timer I have?
    The current version of TeaTimer.exe that in installed with Spybot 1.5 2.20 (spybotsd152.exe) is TeaTimer.exe 1.5.2.16. To display a program version: Right click on the program and select Properties. When the Properties dialog opens, click the Version tab.

Quote Originally Posted by mugz8391 View Post
    … Was this a known problem with tea timer that was corrected or something?

Again, this is an ongoing problem, at least for some people, and I was just surprised these issues did not seem to be being discussed here. …
    I was never aware that there was a problem because I never experienced it. And as you said it was never discussed here (to the best of my knowledge).

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.