Thread: Immunization Failing in Windows 7 x64

Default Immunization Failing in Windows 7 x64

Hi,

Im having a problem getting immunization to complete for all profiles. Under Internet Explorer (32 bit), the \software (Domains) heading shows 15150 unprotected entries. I run SB S&D as Admin, so that shouldnt be the problem. I have also tried undoing the immunization and reapplying and rechecking as described here in other posts, all to no avail. I should note that I am also using MBAM and Kaspersky, but even with these programs disabled, I cannot get the 32 bit IE (domains) heading to immunize. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance for the assist!

Hello,

Please open regedit with admin rights (Start>type 'regedit' in search bar>right-click and select 'Run as administrator')

open:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap
    or on a x86/32bit system:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap
    and delete the folder 'Domains'.

If this refuses to delete, right-click and select 'Permissions...', select your username from the list (or find it by clicking Add...>Advanced...>Find Now and then select your username and click OK). Then tick the Allow boxes, click OK and delete.

You can now open Spybot and select Immunize, and once it has scanned, select Immunize at the top.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I followed path in regedit (KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap) but when I got to ZoneMap there were no folders in there.
    Can you help

Hello,

What about HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap ?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

What I always do now is I ALWAYS forgot to be administrator, so I right clicked Spybot and choose always run as administrator.

Default Issue Resolved, thanks!

That fixed it, immunization completed properly. Im grateful for your help, and for all the work you guys do helping to protect us from all the nasties out there. Keep up the good work!