Hi Oldman960,

>>I suggest you keep MBAM. Keep it updated and use it regularly.

Regularly...as in weekly? Monthly? (sure hope its dummy proof, lol)

>>...you should uninstall Adobe Reader 8.1.1 first. Be sure to move any PDF documents to another folder first though.

I don't know what you mean by this. Please tell me I don't have to locate every pdf I've created, or saved, on this computer and move them all into a folder!

>>Some Recommendations and prevention tips

Thank you so much for the prevention tips! I wanted to ask, but didn't dare take more of your time. (even though I did read the sticky notes)

>>Basic security consists of :

Virus program- Sticking with AVG because I'm familiar with it and have enough new things to learn! (pm me if you think I chose wrong.)

Resident Spyware program- Does Spybot count for that? (probably should schedule that to update and run automatically too, but how often??)

On-Demand AntiSpyware program- That would be the MBAM, right?

Firewall- Not sure what this means either.

>> If you are behind a router, Windows firewall should be fine.

We receive internet via cable (as opposed to dial-up or dsl), then use a wireless 'router,' is that what you mean? So maybe I could get away with just the Windows firewall instead??? Otherwise I am thinking of Comodo.

>>OR a guide to understanding and using the hosts file....Please read the info on disabling the DNS Client before installing a custom hosts file .

Omg, this is way out of my league (went right over my head)! Maybe I'd take on learning it... if it came down to that, or a root canal! I picked SpyBlaster instead!

All the other suggestions I did, or they were done already.

I do have one nagging annoyance. My startup in msconfig has a bunch of junk in there that I try to keep unchecked. Can you tell me what HAS to stay there / needs to be checked. I have HijackThis, but am a little leery using it on my own. Can we take out the obvious?

Most appreciatively,
Robin