Thread: Continuous network usage

Default Continuous network usage

I've been having some issues with webpages being slow to respone (in the time frame of 5-10 seconds) over the last couple weeks.

The pages present a fully loaded, with no errors reported in the IE status bar.

I updated Spybot 2.0.6 and AVG 2012 and scanned with both, defragged and ran scandisk.

I have a Sager M8760 with 300GB Sata 2 HD, 4 GB RAM, Intel I7 720 processor, and do my best to keep background applications limited to those I actually need and use.

With the Task Manager and Resource Monitor as the only open applications, I get a continuous stream of network activity from SDFSSvc.exe, SDTray.exe, and SDUpdSvc.exe (mostly SDTray with SDFSSvc coming in a distant 2nd). the Local and Remote Addresses are reported as "IPv4 loopback". See the attachment.

I'm not understanding why these processes are generating continuous network activity.

Any help??

Some modules within the Spybot 2 Beta communicate locally (mostly reporting their stati) via http, this is why a loopback address is used.
    Since this is not real outgoing or incoming traffic this should not have such an impact your websurfing performance.

Have you tried a different web browser and/or to disable some browser extension if installed?
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

I've noticed that the process SDFSSvc.exe has a permanent connection
    to IP-Adress: 226.178.217.5 Port: 21328 and is sending bytes:

UDP out {my ip adress}:1185 -> 226.178.217.5:21328

Can you please explain, what's going on?