Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me please. Security Shield installed itself on my laptop last night. This forum came up as a possible help solution on Google so I thought I would give it a try.

I apologise if I am in the wrong place or if I have/havent done something I was/was not supposed to do before posting this here - but I have tried to read through the post suggested and I have no idea what ERUNT or DDS etc means??

Security Shield instaled itself on my laptop last night. I was not able to Ctrl, Alt, Del as it stopped me. I couuld not run my Avir Antivirus because it stopped that too. This morning (with advice from a friend) I have tried system restore, which has seemingly erased the program. I have had no pop ups since, however I am aware that this does not mean that it has gone forever. I have since downloaded AVG and am currently running a full system scan on that.

Could someone please advise as to whether this is ok, or whether there is a better solution out there? Please please don't tell me off if I'm in the wrong place. I did try and read your intro thread but its so confusing to someone who is not computer literate like me.

Thank you so much in advance.