Thread: network proxy settings

Default network proxy settings

Hi all, I am having problems with connecting to the internet with my wifi, was wondering if its malware causing it or something else?

All was working fine till a couple of days ago, then the connection was lost and everything I try wont let me connect, it wont connect with the LAN cable either.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers, Sean.

Emeritus

I would guess that you wouldn't be using a proxy so that setting should be left unchecked.
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

I should have been more specific, i'm using windows 7 and it won't connect with ethernet cable either. I'm not sure how to uncheck proxy?

Any more help would be appreciated.

Emeritus

If you click on start and type in the search window; device you should see a result for Device Manager. Click on that.
    This will open up device manager.
    See if you can find listed under Network adapters your ethernet adapter and wireless adapter. They should be listed with no yellowish looking ! point.
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

Since the title of the thread is 'network proxy settings', may I suggest Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections/LAN Settings/Your Config

EDIT: BTW If you don't know your config, ask your admin for it. If you are the admin then I'd guess that you don't use a proxy.
    Last edited by mikey; 2012-02-08 at 05:12.