Thread: BUGs found in beta 5 of Spybot 2

Default BUGs found in beta 5 of Spybot 2

Hi there,

i installed the new beta 5 on Win 7 Ultimate and found till now the following bugs.

- The most important frist, the custom install is still not working!
    It makes no difference if u swistch from full to custom install into the installer, u are still not able to unselect features u dont like to install. All entrys, without the options for portal install (which have a own profile in installer) are selected and greyed, u cant unsellect them.

- The next, there is no uninstaller
    If u want to uninstall Spybot 2 beta, it complains about there is no uninstall-dialog to show. It continue without it, but dont loock well.

- Chromes Browser Integration slows browsing
    The Integration of Spybot into Chrome Browser stills slows browsing, but atleast the status seems now to be fixed and both, chrome and spybot show the status of the PlugIn correctly.

-Unable to install Bowser Integration manually
    If u uninstall the spybot browser integartion u are not able to install it again, even if u run the spybot-setup again, the Plugin dont get installed.

Please continue if u find more Bugs.

Chrome plugins get uninstalled by blacklisting them; the re-installing should include removal of the blacklist item. I think this was tested quite a few times, but I'll ask for a re-test here.

Regarding speed, the web protection will most likely be replaced by a similar system; a proxy in the background (native code running there is faster than a browser plugin using Javascript or similar) with a small plugin just for the visuals inside the browser.

Custom install: the big issue with custom installs is that we want to prevent malware from removing parts of Spybot, that's why we have a system integrated that checks whether files are missing. Custom installations should only be possible when it comes to the non-essential parts, and Boot CD Creator, Alter Ego etc. have been removed from Spybot already.

The uninstall dialog is on our todo list I think, I remember we worked on it just a few days ago, but not for the beta 5 release, where the code was already frozen
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

About the Chrome plugin again. I had a problem with the plugin and did want to reistall it, so i uninstalled it by deleteing it into Chrome using the Chrome-Settings wizard. After this i runned the spybot installer again, thinking it will install the plugin again, but this did not happen, plugin stays removed.

I also found another Bug, if u have KIS 2012 installed and running next to Spybot, the machine uses to get frozen and dont respond.
    This happens even i added Spybot to the KIS allowed lists.

Default Browser Integration is not working in newer Browser-Versions and Win 8

Spybots Browser Integration is not working on Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8, Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7 and also not working in Firefox 10 and newer aswell as not working in Opera 11 and newer

Default immunisation not finding open items

the spybot 2 immunisation dont find unprotected items, which are found from spybot 1.6

Default Chrome Browser Integration crashs at Browsers startup in version 17 and newer

At the startup (first run) of Google Chrome with Version 17 and newer the Chrome Browser Integration crashes.
    When the Browser loads, the status of the plugin changes every second from "error" to "on" and back. After sometime u get an message from chrome, telling u the Spybot Integration crashed and u need to click on this message to start it again. After this restart the plugin works well.