Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SVCHOST trojan

Emeritus- Malware Team

Hi musicalpulltoy,

Thank you for your feedback.

As far as I can see all of the entries from the Query in each of the log files you have posted are legitimate Windows services.

FYI the descriptions of the services you appear to have been trying to stop or kill are as follows:

HTPFilter
    Display Name: HTTP SSL
    Implements the secure hypertext transfer protocol (HTTPS) for the HTTP service, using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL). If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.

WudfSvc
    Display Name: Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework
    Manages user-mode driver host processes. User-mode driver framework is a method of having drivers run in “user space” instead of “kernel space.” This provides better system stability due to a situation of a driver crashing, it only brings down the driver and not the system. Such possible devices include cameras, media players, PDA’s and other USB connected devices.

stisvc
    Display Name: Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
    Provides image acquisition services for scanners and cameras. It is used by some scanners, web cams, and cameras. If, after disabling this service, your scanner or camera fails to function properly, you will need to re-enable the service by setting its startup setting to Automatic.

As far as I can tell your system is now clear of malware infection.

Not A Malware Issue

If you are still experiencing system performance issues I recommend you try a good System/Hardware Help Forum. Some suggested links are provided below.
    These sites have a variety of experts, that are better equipped to investigate and resolve these kinds of issues.

Good System/Hardware Help Forums

Free registration may be required in order to post at these forums and will only take a few minutes.

Please let me know when you have read this post and I will arrange for this thread to be closed.

Stay Safe

Scolabar
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No Reply Within 3 Days Will Result In Your Topic Being Closed
    Malware Removal University - You too could train to help others

hi
    oki doki, maybe its the nieghbors system.

thanks for your help ;-)