Thread: v2.0.7 SDImmunize, SDTray and context menu bugs

Default v2.0.7 SDImmunize, SDTray and context menu bugs

A few bugs that I've discovered in beta5. This is all on Windows XP SP3 Home 32 bit.

1. I have immunisation scheduled to run at system start up. With the default command line options for SDImmunize.exe (/immunize /silent), SDImmunize.exe keeps running (using 0 CPU) when the immunisation is complete. Adding /autoclose to the options closes SDImmunize when the immunisation is complete.

2. Sometimes, when I mouseover the Spybot system tray icon, SDTray.exe will crash. I haven't been able to find how to reproduce this, but it seems to happen more often when there is a high demand on the CPU.

3. The Spybot system tray pop up does not display the correct information in my user account, but does in my administrator account, as the screenshots show:

Administrator account - correctly shows Internet protection on

User account - Internet protection is blank

4. When I use the context menu to scan a single file in my user account I get a Windows Security Alert:

This alert doesn't appear in my administrator account.

Interestingly, the scan runs under both accounts.

Thanks for the feedback!

3. The tray icon issue is probably because the text there is limited in length.

2. Thanks, there'll be quite some work on that part (since it's related to Live Protection), including code cleanups, hope we'll be able to track this

1. Thank you! I've added this to our ticket system and already submitted a patch.

4. The installer probably informs the firewall only about the current user, not about all users on the system. Will see if/what we can update there.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)