Thread: Help being repeatedly setup with a network hack

Default Help being repeatedly setup with a network hack

I have repeatedly ended up with various networking services and tweaks for abougt a year and over 10 reinstalls. I know it is someone I live with, but dont know enough about this sort of thing to figure it out. Could someone please take a look at my system and tell me what exactly is going on? I noticed on my moms computer she has it set to a proxy set up script, but when I ran spybot it showed it to be a bad thing???Also, I noticed inb ythe type ahead feature it was searching for a network drive, but I couldn't locate or access it. i TRULY believe my mom or sister is up to some shady shit..when questiuoned about other network devices being present they get immediately defensive and at the sAme time pleading ignorance. I would just like some help figuring out what is going on. Let me know what info you would need to help me out. It would be greatly appreciated. I am really worried about what could be the point of lying about sometrhing if it is nothing out of the ordinary. ZThanks in advance.
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-03-07 at 20:16. Reason: Moved from Spybot-S&D support

Hello RTSman,
    Quote Originally Posted by RTSman View Post
    Could someone please take a look at my system and tell me what exactly is going on?
    For someone to take a look at the system please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22 and a volunteer analyst will advise when available.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide DDS logs, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288]

Quote Originally Posted by RTSman View Post
    i TRULY believe my mom or sister is up to some shady shit..when questiuoned about other network devices being present they get immediately defensive and at the sAme time pleading ignorance.
    That may be out of the realm of advice our volunteers can offer.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016