The following instructions have been created to help you to get rid of "V0lkBot" manually.
Use this guide at your own risk; software should usually be better suited to remove malware, since it is able to look deeper.
If this guide was helpful to you, please consider donating towards this site.
V0lkBot is a Trojan horse that harms the computer while pretending to be a harmless file. It also tries to phish for banking data.Removal Instructions:
Important: There are more files that cannot be safely described in simple words. Please use Spybot-S&D to remove them.
The host file is a local address book for Internet pages. It is sometimes used by malware to block certain domains, or to silently redirect them.
Spybot-S&D or RunAlyzer will show its content to you; you can also us a text editor to locate and edit the file "hosts" (most likely in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\).
- Check the hosts file entry for the domain "bn.com.pe".
- Check the hosts file entry for the domain "viabcp.com".
- Check the hosts file entry for the domain "www.bn.com.pe".
- Check the hosts file entry for the domain "www.viabcp.com".
If neither Spybot-S&D nor self help did resolve the issue or you would prefer one on one help,
- Please read these instructions before requesting assistance,
- Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a volunteer analyst will advise you as soon as available.