Thread: ABnow.com Google redirect infection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default ABnow.com Google redirect infection

As stated in the sticky thread, I cannot run DDS on the infected computer to upload the logs but I need help

Update, along with the redirect infection I ran a scan with spybot and malware bytes which found nothing then ran STOPzilla and found 161 infections of GASF
    Rogue.Win32.AntiVirus8 Rootkit.Win32.Sirefef Appconf32 Trojan.Win32.Mouse.Gen DesktopVirii Boot Alexmo Cookies (not restorable)

Hi and welcome to Safer-Networking, sorry for any delay in answering your request for help.
    My name is Diver79, and I will be helping you with your malware problems.

Before we start please note the following important guidelines.
    • The instructions given are for THIS computer only! Using these instructions on a different computer, can make it inoperable!
    • Please DO NOT run any other software or scans whilst I am helping you.

Note: If you haven't done so already, please ensure you have read the following article. "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) where the conditions for receiving help here are explained.
    Quote Originally Posted by diver79
    Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.
    Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.
    How do I backup my files and folders in XP?
    How to backup your data - Vista/Win7

Will post instructions soon...

diver79.
    Proud Graduate of the MalWare Removal University

Hi rockmypunkk

Note: If you are running Vista\Win7 you will need to run all tools I ask you to use as Administrator. You can do this by Right clicking the icon and selecting Run as Administrator.

Download/run Rkill:
    Please download Rkill from one of the following links and save to your Desktop:

One, Two,Three or Four

• Double click on Rkill to run it.
    • A command window will open then disappear upon completion, this is normal.
    • When finished, Notepad will open with a log called, "rkill.log".
    • Please copy and paste the contents of the rkill.log in your next reply.
    • The file is automatically saved... located at C:\rkill.log.
    • Please leave Rkill on the Desktop until otherwise advised.

Note: If your security software warns about Rkill, please ignore and allow the download to continue.

Run DDS
    Run DDS again using the instructions here.

OTL Scan
    • Download OTL to your desktop.
    • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed to let it run uninterrupted.
    • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
    • Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
    • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
    • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.

Sorry but I can't run rkill, I keep getting the error windows cannot find file h/explorer.exe and h/iexplore.exe which it eventually crashed and blue screened

Can you get otl to run?