Thread: Will Spybot remove mysearch

Default Will Spybot remove mysearch

Having trouble with a "my search results" page continually loading itself as my home page despite repeated efforts to rectify the problem thru internet options and working the toolbar options. Have loaded Spybot but can't seem to get the problem fixed. Is there any way I can get rid of this pest thru Spy bot or other ways thanx. Pulling my hair out here.

Could you give a few more details?Did Spybot detect the problem after you ran a scan,did fixing fail,did Spybot not detect it,etc.

Hi Zenobia...I use Google as my home page. Another search engine called "My search results" has hijacked my home page. When I go to Internet options and restore Google as my home page, "My search" hijacks it again. On the toolbar list for search engines, I have ticked the place where it says for no other toolbar to change home page but it still does it.

I cannot find the program My Search in my program folders on the control panel so I can;t delete it.

I loaded SPY BOT but after a scan (couple of times) it has failed to detect the MY SEARCH pest that has loaded itself onto my computer. Does that help any..thanx for your interest..

Yes,that helps,thanks.
    You could ask for help in Malware Removal.There's a "Before you Post" topic that will show you instructions for posting in Malware Removal:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Malware Removal:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22

thanx...I'll see what I can find.

You're welcome.

Smile

ok an update here. Went to "mysearch" home page. Read their blurb and not particularly impressed about their stated credentials and so called professional expertise considering that their search engine was changing my home page despite my attempts for it not to do so and any attempts to remove it.. Anyway, found what I was looking for. They had instructions on their home page on how to remove this pest. It was in control panel-remove program and described as "default toolbar". when removed, all went back to normal. Thanks again. T.

Glad you got it fixed.