Thread: Set of malware repeats.

Default Set of malware repeats.

I have downloaded SpyBot and run it. It came up with many issues which I fixed and all went green except 1 (Babylon) so I deleted the C:/Program Data/ Babylon folder. I saved the log. I repeated the scan and many more results appeared. I ran it again with the same result.

Am I doing it wrong as I would expect a subsequent run to be clean?

Two scan logs attached.

The reason why I am running it is because when I go to my email (BT.Yahoo) to login I get sent back to the log in page (but I am logged in!) or if I then navigate to my email home page I get to a fast repeat page at http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/..... which I have to close. I assume I have some sort of malware in IE9. But if I go to my admin account on my laptop I cannot type into the search bar (it does not respond) so again I assume something has corrupted my machine. I did have some malware which was cleared by MSE (which if I run comes up clean) and is not even picking up the same things as SpyBot.

Sorry its a bit involved but advice appreciated.
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-04-27 at 22:17. Reason: Moved to Beta forum. Disabled live link

Hi there,

Quote Originally Posted by happyhacker View Post
    The reason why I am running it is because when I go to my email (BT.Yahoo) to login I get sent back to the log in page (but I am logged in!) or if I then navigate to my email home page I get to a fast repeat page at http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/..... which I have to close. I assume I have some sort of malware in IE9. But if I go to my admin account on my laptop I cannot type into the search bar (it does not respond) so again I assume something has corrupted my machine. I did have some malware which was cleared by MSE (which if I run comes up clean) and is not even picking up the same things as SpyBot.
    Did you install RegClean? http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/regclean.com

Registry Cleaners, not recommended Also what is the operating system.

By the way you are using a Beta version of Spybot-S&D that is for testing only, it is not a replacement for the stable version, Spybot-S&D 1.6.2.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Is that a joke? That URL goes to a site that has been blocked by SpyBot!

Perhaps you meant another site? Anyway, no, I haven't done anything except run CC cleaner. Further input appreciated.

Esteemed Member

As far as I could see those are all tracking detections, which are entirely optional, depending on how far you want to cover your tracks. Quite a few of them such as
    Internet Explorer: [SBI $0BC7B918] User agent (Registry Change, nothing done) HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent

(which essentially gives web pages information on browser version and some settings: the fix removes the user agent data)

will come up on each scan since you did not fix them ('registry change, nothing done')

Also,
    Is that a joke? That URL goes to a site that has been blocked by SpyBot!
    WOT Reputation Scorecard regclean.com?

WOT (Web Of Trust) is not blocked here, so I can't take a screen shot to bring it to our detectives attention.

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Did you install RegClean?
    Anyway, no, I haven't done anything except run CC cleaner. Further input appreciated.
    RegClean shows in the log is why I asked.

And,
    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Also what is the operating system.
    Best regards,
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

OK, I've gone to regclean.com.

Rosenfeld, "will come up on each scan since you did not fix them" 'registry change, nothing done', on the Fix issue I clicked "Fix found". Looking in the Help there is no advice on what this does but I assume that's what I have to do to clear them from being detected again.

Can't put image in as nowhere to store it online.
    Last edited by happyhacker; 2012-04-28 at 10:42.