Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immunization Incomplete (different problem)

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I don't understand.Maybe I'm not getting your meaning by your post,but I've never known for IE8 to add bad entries to the Hosts file.
    It's not about bad or duplicate entries. I was referring to awa413's mentioning that adding hosts file entries causes IE8 to take a long time to open. It was a known problem with large hosts file that KB969897 (circa April 2009) addressed. If that update is missing in XP, the problem would still manifest itself.

I didn't mean anything about your post,Gopher John,which was why I was quoting part of awa413's post,thinking it would show who I was asking.

I was just quickly reading through here,and saw the statement about IE8 adding bad entries into the hosts file and adding Spybot's hosts file would cause double entries,and since I was in a hurry,I wanted to make it clear I might have misinterpreted the post,but I have never known for anything from Microsoft,Windows,etc,to physically add entries to the hosts file with the 127.0.0.1 loopback address,like Spybot does.

@Zenobia,

I agree. It's always third party software that adds to the hosts file, or the individual user.

About my first response to you, I did jump off the rail thinking you were addressing me.

No problem,it happens.