Thread: What is 'yepp@musiccity'???

Default What is 'yepp@musiccity'???

I was looking in my Temporary Internet Files and saw this. To prevent people from accidently clicking the link that it shows when I right click to view properties, I've uploaded a screenshot. I'm unsure if this 'yepp@musiccity' is a form of spam or malware. I'm not even gonna bother checking the site out just in case it is malware.

I have Spybot S&D, Bitdefender Total Security 2012, Ad-Aware Antivirus (30 day pro trial), and an expired copy of Webroot Spy Sweeper. None of them report this file. I'm just curious as to what it is and if it should be removed. I can't actually right click to delete because it doesn't send it to Recycle Bin.

Unsure if I posted this in the right part of the forum or not. Sorry if I did.

Hello Luney Loz,
    Quote Originally Posted by Luney Loz View Post
    I have Spybot S&D, Bitdefender Total Security 2012, Ad-Aware Antivirus (30 day pro trial), and an expired copy of Webroot Spy Sweeper.
    An expired security program is not worth having but if you are running two anti virus programs it's one too many.

Rule of thumb is one firewall/one anti virus program resident to avoid conflicts, loss of program efficiency and system lock up due to both software products attempting to access the same file at the same time.

csafer.net: http://whois.domaintools.com/csafer.net

Information about yepp@musiccity is sketchy, have you downloaded anything from a music store?

In order for someone to give advice in this forum you'd need to start a new topic and present logs so they can take a look at the system and see the big picture.

Sticky: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Best regards,
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I'll remove Ad-Aware then because I like the others. Even though Spy Sweeper is expired, it blocked a threat the other night.

I have downloaded music but that yepp@musiccity file thing says that it was last modified in 2009. I got this PC brand new in 2010.

To save creating a new topic, can I just post the logs in this one?

Hello Luney Loz,
    Quote Originally Posted by Luney Loz View Post
    To save creating a new topic, can I just post the logs in this one?
    Please start a new topic as helpers look for a zero response.

Best regards,
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016