Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Can't open AsIO.sys !! (2)"

Default "Can't open AsIO.sys !! (2)"

I've had this problem a while now and can't seem to get rid of it. Every time Windows (Vista 64 bit) loads up I receive an error message saying:

"Can't open AsIO.sys !! (2)"

When I click "OK" the error goes away and the PC seems fine.

I've tried looking through MSConfig but haven't been able to find any mention of AsIO.sys. I recently gave RunAlyzer a go but still haven't been able to locate it - so that I can disable it from starting up. Shouldn't this file appear in RunAlyzer some where?

The error message was caused by me installing "Asus PC Probe 2". I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling it but haven't had any luck.

If anyone had any ideas as to how I stop this error from appearing it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steven.
    Last edited by SteveAV8B; 2007-06-30 at 04:33.

You might find it in the system services tab. Have you seen the filter options at the bottom? Try typing in "AsIO" as a filter, which should limit the display to stuff related to that file.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

I tried using the filter but it didn't seem to do anythig at all. I typed in ASIO in the filter and clicked the "Filter" button. Some text came up at the top saying "Applying Filter", but when it went away nothing happened - i.e all the entries remained for all of the various tabs. Am I doing something wrong?

Which versions are you using?

What remains should e just the category headers. If you haven't expanded the categories, it might look like nothing has changed, but you should notice the [-] instead of [+] in front of each entry that shows that they're actually all open and empty.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

If you are still having this proble I found a solution that has worked for several restarts for me.

The problem is with a process called aaCenter. It is located C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS if you have a 64bit OS.

I had to stop the process aaCenter before I could delete the folder.

After you stop the process you go to the folder listed above, the Delete the most recent folder in there (mine was 1.00.54)

This has worked for me on several restarts

Quote Originally Posted by SteveAV8B View Post
    I've had this problem a while now and can't seem to get rid of it. Every time Windows (Vista 64 bit) loads up I receive an error message saying:

"Can't open AsIO.sys !! (2)"

When I click "OK" the error goes away and the PC seems fine.

I've tried looking through MSConfig but haven't been able to find any mention of AsIO.sys. I recently gave RunAlyzer a go but still haven't been able to locate it - so that I can disable it from starting up. Shouldn't this file appear in RunAlyzer some where?

The error message was caused by me installing "Asus PC Probe 2". I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling it but haven't had any luck.

If anyone had any ideas as to how I stop this error from appearing it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steven.
    Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    You might find it in the system services tab. Have you seen the filter options at the bottom? Try typing in "AsIO" as a filter, which should limit the display to stuff related to that file.

You probably have these 3 program installed, PC probe II / AI Suite / EPU-6 Engine. Try to uninstall them all and re-install them. That may be quick way for a try, at least no harm. Make sure you have the driver CD before then uninstallation. Or you can download those software from ASUS support web site.

My case was the trouble from EPU-6 (I only installed that.) after uninstall/reinstall the EPU-6, the problem was solved.

I had a do a vista to vista upgrade install so I could activate my OS with an upgrade product key.

There are 3 ASUS programs I have trouble with after the upgrade
    1. PC Probe II
    2. EPU Six Engine
    2. ASUS AI Suite

After the upgrade nothing works. I have tried to uninstall, re-install, delete remaining files, delete a bad task, but nothing makes the message "can`t open asIO.sys!!(2)" go away without uninstalling everything.

I have deal't with similar issues from the last generation of ASUS products 4 years ago.

The JMicron RAID drivers included with the motherboard CD clobbered Intel matrix RAID drivers and they are useless. I was barely able to uninstall them in safe mode. It is a good thing they make good hardware because their software sucks.

Default getting rid of message

Ctr-alt-delete - click on processes tab- aacenter will be on top. Stop this process. Go to Mycomputer/C drive/programs x86/Asus and delete the contents. Will be good to go on next reboot.

Hi

I just upgrade my Vista Home premium to Windows 7 Home premium, and I have the same problem "Can't open AsIO.sys !!(2)". I tried to find aacentre (Alt-Ctr-Delete, of course from all users) but couldn't find it. I would appreciate very much if someone can tell me how to find aacentre.

Regards
    IRESREG
    Last edited by IRESREG; 2009-11-09 at 01:32.