Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta 6 release thread

Cool Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta 6 release thread

Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta 6 just got released!

Beta 6 features:

• Windows 8 Security Center support
    • A modern and cleaned up user interface
    • Updated help document and style
    • Master Boot Record scans using SDRootAlyzer
    • Installer now detects more recent versions of Spybot-S&D
    • Added Uninstall Wizard to maintain undo immunization or recovery
    • Fixed exceptions when scanning files on a network share

See our official release announcement for more details and download links.

Please help with beta-testing so Spybot-S&D 2.0 final will be rock stable.

You may use this thread for general comments about the beta release, please open new threads if you like to discuss specific issues.

daemon

Nice! Gonna try it out!

i probably wont test beta 6, because "SDChrome has been removed" and im using Google-Chrome. so i will wait till next beta or final, when hopefully all Chrome-Clitches are solved and the Chrome-Extension is back.

"SDChrome has been removed; the web browser extensions will be rewritten using a more flexible concept". It will be released at least one more beta version before a RC/final version will be published/released. It will take some time to rewrite the extension.
    Last edited by imageek; 2012-05-15 at 15:25.

When will Sd 2 final be released? is it possible to get email notification?

Hello johnwrites,
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwrites View Post
    When will Sd 2 final be released? is it possible to get email notification?
    Information will be released here: http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=2 and/or here: http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Best regards,
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Before I download it, is there a 'lite' version?

I do not need all the 'bells and whistles', just a decent on-demand malware scanner that does not install a lot of extraneous 'features' I will never use.

Default more less functions in new beta - as more beta(s) as less function

somehow i wonder, what the plan with all this betas is. the beta 6 now DONT have Live-Protection and DONT have SDChrome. it seems with each new beta the software dont get more or better, like it should, it seems to get rid of more and more functions. so whats tzhe plan for all this betas? get as much versions out to make it possible to hackers, to find solutions how to bypass it?

That's not exactly a surprise. First few betas were outright horrible for something that was developed for such a long time. It wouldn't be surprising if 90% of the program required a total rewrite to get it working at least acceptably. Taking into account the current and past speed of development, we will either get a cut down simplified version in a few months, or we will have to wait another 2 years for a full-blown release, or (hopefully not) another disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by khagaroth View Post
    Taking into account the current and past speed of development, we will either get a cut down simplified version in a few months, or we will have to wait another 2 years for a full-blown release, or (hopefully not) another disaster.
    Thats ok and i agree, but why is there a need to bring out a new kind of a Beta-Version before the KNOWN problems are solved? Beta 5 was almost working fine (if u ignore there was no Live-Protiection (buts something else) and forget the Chrome-Clitches and the doulbe Start-Up-Entrys). So why bring out a Beta 6 now? As the most was working fine, for me it would have been better to wait till this KNOWN issuses are almost solved (rewritten) and then Beta 6 would have been released. As it is now, honestly Beta 6 dont make much sence, if u look in the Changes. The known errors (e.g. doulbe Start-Up-Entrys) still exist in it and it have only lost function.