Well first off, let me start by telling you this is a eMachines with Windows ME operating system. I found it in my parent's attic last week and it's been out of use for quite some time. I couldn't resist bringing it to my apartment and hooking it up.

So today, I managed to find an anti-virus software to check for bugs, etc. It's actually running right now, scanning, but so far it has said it's found viruses (4). 3 of them have been quarantined, and I'm not sure what has happened with the fourth. I haven't deleted anything because some of the files it says are infected apparently are important to the system (from Google's stand-point, that is ).

I haven't backed up the registry, because honestly I'm not sure how to on Windows ME and I'm not sure if the ERUNT works on this specific OS. I have downloaded the DDS Log though . I wasn't sure if the Before You Post thread also wanted me to download the Spybot software, so I haven't yet, but gladly will

I did also remove something called PrecisionTime (Google searches all pointed to it being adware) because at the beginning of start-up it would send an error message saying something about causing problems with C++ and having to close, and so far, I haven't had any issues from removing it. Actually, when I did, the anti-virus scanner started and internet browser started working. Just thought I'd mention that in case it's important..

Although I'm sure the majority of the slowness is dust that has to be cleaned, I also think that these infected files might be playing a role. I'm wanting to get the computer running better, as my parents wouldn't mind having it going for my lil bros and sis to use for school and little games. However, I don't know much about how to fix things like this and I would please appreciate some help if y'all do provide it for an OS this old!!!

so much!!!!!!!!!!!!