The following instructions have been created to help you to get rid of "Win32.MyDoom" manually.
Use this guide at your own risk; software should usually be better suited to remove malware, since it is able to look deeper.
If this guide was helpful to you, please consider donating towards this site.
Once infected with Win32.MyDoom the compromised system will turn into a mail server for Spam. Win32.MyDoom will be started via two autorun entries.Removal Instructions:
Important: There are more autorun entries that cannot be safely described in simple words. Please use Spybot-S&D to remove them.
Please use Windows Explorer or another file manager of your choice to locate and delete these files.
Make sure you set your file manager to display hidden and system files. If Win32.MyDoom uses rootkit technologies, use our RootAlyzer or our Total Commander anti-rootkit plugins.
- The file at "<$LOCALSETTINGS>\Temp\zincite.log".
You will have to use a global search for files without a name specified. Be extra careful, because just the name might not be enough to identify files!
Important: There are more files that cannot be safely described in simple words. Please use Spybot-S&D to remove them.
You can use regedit.exe (included in Windows) to locate and delete these registry entries.
If Win32.MyDoom uses rootkit technologies, use our RegAlyzer, RootAlyzer or our Total Commander anti-rootkit plugins.
- Delete the registry value "<$WINDIR>\services.exe" at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List\".
- Delete the registry value "<$WINDIR>\services.exe" at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List\".
- Delete the registry value "<$WINDIR>\services.exe" at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List\".
If neither Spybot-S&D nor self help did resolve the issue or you would prefer one on one help,
- Please read these instructions before requesting assistance,
- Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a volunteer analyst will advise you as soon as available.
There are more files or system entries belonging to this product that <$SPYBOTSD> can remove, but that cannot be easily described in text. Please use <$SPYBOTSD> to make sure <$PRODUCTNAME> gets completely removed.