Thread: Problem

Question Problem

I've been using Spy Bot for many years. I make donations from time to time when I can
    1. . I know that the it is supposed to be free . Recently, I've started receiving messages saying that my business copy license is expiring & will no longer be useable. This is on all my computers. It pops up when I log into my cpu & when I open SB. There is an additional pop up after I close that one.
    I downloaded again. It was fine for a couple of weeks then the messasges started again. I now have several versions, all different. 2 on my desktop. 1 on my entry page, 1 in my programs. The only one that is the interface I'm used to & that seems to work efficiently is the bottom one on my desktop. Have the interface changed? Do I have fake versions of what? When I make donations, is it you who actually received it or has it been received by scammers?
    2. I find the download confusing. What are mirror sites?
    Why is there 3 mirror sites? Am I supposed to download 3 times?
    3. I want to recomend it to a couple of friends but i think they will be just as confused as I am. Also, there are several different companies & different programs. Are all the programs listed from you guys or recomended by you as good & as safe? Are all the companies listed associated with you?
    Thanks InventingJoy

Question Now what

I went back to where it was uploading & it said the file is corrupted, get a better file or something like that. Not knowing what the heck to do now, I'm going out to get ice cream til I get your answer! InventingJoy

Hello,

1. & 2. You did use a Release Candidate of Spybot-S&D which was meant for testing. The reason your license has expired or will expire is the fact that we did release a Professional version of Spybot-S&D 2.0 for testing that would usually need to be purchased. So this testing version had/has a time limitation.
    But don't worry we are still providing (and will continue to provide) a fully functioning free version of Spybot - Search & Destroy.

3. You will find links to several download locations on our website.
    These mirrors are partners who provide places to host Spybot-S&D for us.
    You can download from one of them, it's secure and they all contain the same data.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

1. & 2. You did use a Release Candidate of Spybot-S&D which was meant for testing. The reason your license has expired or will expire is the fact that we did release a Professional version of Spybot-S&D 2.0 for testing that would usually need to be purchased. So this testing version had/has a time limitation.
    But don't worry we are still providing (and will continue to provide) a fully functioning free version of Spybot - Search & Destroy.

3. You will find links to several download locations on our website.
    These mirrors are partners who provide places to host Spybot-S&D for us.
    You can download from one of them, it's secure and they all contain the same data.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Hello Sandra, Thx for ur response. I need to remind U that I'm not a tech. I hate to give up on Spy Bot. It used to be so good. But now I'm about to give up. I do not know howto use ur answer . I need specific baby steps. I need links. I don't know who is authorized & who are scammers. I've got too many error messages on allmycpu's coming from SB. Also, I'm\ not getting emails when U respond. I need to know exactly how to get rid of all the junk coming from SB & exactly how to install the right things with links to the authorized people to installed from. Also links if I still want to refer a friend to an authorized home page &/or authorized rep. I need a link to your authorized home page. It appears thattoo many have been pirated. I needto know if the basic home page appears different, if it is yours or a scam. I need to know what to look for. Have U changed it? Or am I running a scam copy? When I get a mssage to pay, & I dont, am I still protected? need to get back to the SB that I'm familiar with or I need descriptions , screen shots of the authorized changes. I hate to leave but if its too complicated & time consuming , & if it is no longer feeling safe, I'll have no choice. I hope these can be resolved. Since I'm not getting email notiictions,from this forum, I would appreciate a note when an answer is posted . . I dont like to be too demading. I know this is free, but I do send donations & I did love the program. Thx InventingJoy
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-11-30 at 09:38. Reason: Removed email address, best not to post such in public forums ;-)

Hello,

This would be a direct download link for Spybot 2.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot