Thread: Automatic scanning

Default Automatic scanning

I am running Spybot on 2 machines. One machine is using Win98SE; the other Win2000. On the Win98SE machine I have scheduked Spybot to run automatically (using the task Manager) and have used the /Autocheck, /autofix, and /autoclose options with no problems. I have not been successful using these options on the other machine. The program starts as scheduled, but then stalls, and remains with the Spybot -Search & Destroy main screen waiting for further instructions.

What am I doing wrong, and how may I correct it?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Try adding the following parameter:
    • /TASKBARHIDE

See the notes on /TASKBARHIDE here:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    Try adding the following parameter:
    • /TASKBARHIDE

See the notes on /TASKBARHIDE here:
    I've already done that, with no success; plus the fact thatthe program runs automatically on one computer without difficulty. The problem appears to be specific to Win2000.

Spybot runs manually with no difficulty on the computer running Win2000, so it can't be a resident program, firewall, or virus protection that is causing the glitch

Please go into Spybot > Help > About on the Win2000 system. What version are you running?
    • Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.3.
    • Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4.
    • etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brady View Post
    The program starts as scheduled, but then stalls, and remains with the Spybot -Search & Destroy main screen waiting for further instructions.
    When the "The program starts as scheduled, but then stalls ..." is the stall before or after the scan has run?

When you said "... with the Spybot -Search & Destroy main screen waiting for further instructions" are you refering to an answerable dialog?
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2006-08-15 at 22:34.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Please go into Spybot > Help > About on the Win2000 system. What version are you running?
    • Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.3.
    • Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4.
    • etc.

When the "The program starts as scheduled, but then stalls ..." is the stall before or after the scan has run?

When you said "... with the Spybot -Search & Destroy main screen waiting for further instructions" are you refering to an answerable dialog?
    I apologize for having been unclear. I'm running Spybot 1.4.
    When I referred to the program stalling I meant that it was ignoriing all the options on the command line. It behaves as if no options are present, and merely starts the Spybot program and waits for input.

The command line I've put into the Task Scheduler is
    <C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SpybotSD.exe /Autocheck/Autofix/Autoclose>

Try spaces between the parameters. Instead of:
    • /Autocheck/Autofix/Autoclose

Try:
    • /Autocheck /Autofix /Autoclose

Also add the the /TASKBARHIDE parameter (with a space between it and the other parameters).
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2006-08-16 at 22:21.

Try spaces between the parameters. Instead of:
    • /Autocheck/Autofix/Autoclose

Try:
    • /Autocheck /Autofix /Autoclose

Also add the the /TASKBARHIDE parameter (with a space between it and the other parameters).
    Tat worked! Thanks for your help.