The i386 folder was present. Sorry. I found it after I posted that it was NOT present but before I ran Scannow a second time (actually third time-2 times 1st event and one time 2nd evnet). I looked up on the web how to redirect it i.e. what registry changes were necessary. There were not any pop-ups and it ran through the whole scan without asking for the XP CD. Consequently, I guess I completed the proper changes.
Thanks for the update, your patience, and your help.
Fair enough, system seems to be working with a little more pep. I was on today in limited user account and didn't notice the wuaclt issue. We will see. I'm happy to know that this system looks to be clean. I had my doubts. This is the first time that I've had the unit checked in 3 yrs. Old girl has been through heck. If I hadn't cracked the plastic on her, I would likely keep her for the long-term as my main squeeze but...
Well, I believe it is time to bring this to a close. Let's start that process.
It is always good to learn new things about my system and Windows. I'm amazed that there were not more serious issues. We purposely have used the unit to test the security software we have on it by going to websites that we know are dirty: both literally and figuratively .