Thread: Automating Syybot updates at specific times

Default Automating Syybot updates at specific times

hi
    Ive found where to set automatic updates on startup (settings) but unfortunately this always bombs out due to my systems being on a wireless connection. On startup it takes a couple of minutes to get a internet connection, meanwhile Spybot has failed to get updates due to no connection.
    Can i schedule an update? I cant find it
    I am on the free latest version at the mo.

Thanks for any help

Simon
    (Windows XP pro)

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simonbratt99 View Post
    Can i schedule an update?
    Scheduling Spybot:

You can create a Scheduled Task to run at a specific time with the parameters:
    • /autoupdate /autoclose
      --- or ---
    • /autoupdate /autoclose /taskbarhide

To create a Scheduled Task, go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Scheduler > if the Edit button is grayed out click Add > click the Edit button. You should now be in the "Spybot- Search and Destroy – Scheduled Task" dialog (actually the OS Scheduled Task dialog). In the Task tab look at the "Run:" line of the dialog. You can add/change the "command line parameters" the end of the "Run:" line. For example:
    • "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autoupdate /autoclose

There is a list of command line parameters that can be used here:

Scheduled Tasks under Windows XP:

Spybot uses the OS scheduler and Windows XP requires a password to run a Scheduled Task. See the following:

Member 100mill published a method to get around the password requirement (not necessarily recommended):

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.