Thread: Spybot 2: Third party cookies and flash cookies?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spybot 2: Third party cookies and flash cookies?

I think Spybot changes the setting to block third party cookies in Firefox for me. I think there was a popup asking me if I wanted to do it, but I guess it confused me. The pop up never showed up again, and I can't find any setting that disables this thing. I don't want to block third party cookies.

Also, how do you keep Spybot from detecting flash cookies? Can't find any setting for that either.

For the ignoring Flash Cookies part,open Spybot,place a checkmark in Advanced User Mode,double click Settings,select the Ignore List tab.Click Add,then in the white space at the top,type Flash.That should bring Adobe Flash Player cookies to the top of the list,select that with your mouse,click Apply,then Ok.

....and for third party cookies in firefox,this is from the Spybot help file:
    Cookies are small pieces of data that websites use to store information on your computer. "Bad" cookies can be used to track a users Internet usage. Rather than remove them after they have been stored on your computer you can choose to block them.

We recommend that you disable all third party cookies. This stops them arriving so you do not have to remove them later.

To undo these changes, the appropriate settings within the affected browsers can be used. These are, for example:

Mozilla Firefox and most clones: type about:config into the address bar. Confirm that you want to continue editing settings. Enter network.cookie.cookieBehavior into the filter box. Double-click and change the value to 0 to get the default behaviour back. All possible settings are explained at mozillaZine.

Thanks for the help, I also added Macromedia.Flashplayer.Cookies.

But that thing in about:config seems to be the same thing I have been changing in the firefox setting that keeps changing back.

Tools -> Options -> Privacy / Cookies
    "Accept cookies from sites"
    Accept third-party cookies
    I remember a popup in Spybot 2 asking me to block 3rd party cookies in my browsers, I tried stopping it from doing that but looks like it did it and keeps on doing it.

That setting keeps changing back every day.

After you checkmark Accept third-party cookies,make sure you click OK.If you click the red X to close the window instead of clicking OK,then the setting changes back to what it was before.

I have been doing that.